Tata Steel has launched a new CPD module, approved by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA). It will offer technical advice for architects and wider design and construction teams on how to get the greatest benefit from steel cladding systems.
The CPD module comes in the form of a one hour seminar, and covers the key themes of sustainability, cost and performance, and where benefits can be found. It will look at:
- Overview of a range of cladding systems, from single skin to built up systems, composite panels and rainscreens;
- Sustainability, from responsible sourcing to environmental product declarations and end of life considerations.
- Performance characteristics including fire, structural and acoustic performance.
- Conservations of heat and power.
- Integration of renewable energy technologies
- Weather tightness and installation.
Ian Clarke, part of the Colorcoat® technical support team commented: “If design teams are to get the best possible environmental, design and operational benefits from their building it is vitally important that consider the role of the building fabric. This module will help design teams to understand the wide range of systems available to them and how to best specify them to ensure the building performs as specified.
Clarke continued: “With the building envelope required to meet an increasing number of performance criteria, and legislation and client demand driving complex building design, it is essential that design teams have access to technical information and advice enabling them to specify the right systems to meet the project requirements.
This module is a great way to show design and construction teams exactly how they can use the building envelope to get the best from it. With projects becoming increasingly demanding in terms of cost, sustainability and performance, understanding the benefits that the building fabric can offer could prove vital.”
The module is the latest in a series of nine RIBA-approved CPD seminars from Colorcoat® by Tata Steel.
To register for a CPD seminar visit www.colorcoat-online.com/cpdseminars