UK Construction Week opened its doors this morning to thousands of visitors who are all here to see the largest free construction trade show in action. Nine separate events, over 650 exhibitors, hundreds of product launches, and hours of seminars from the biggest names in the industry will take place over the next few days.
The opening ceremony was hosted by architect and broadcaster, George Clarke, who was also on hand to welcome a group of cyclists who made the trip from London to Birmingham to raise more than £5,000 for Construction Youth Trust, a charity helping young people build better futures by giving them access to training, education and employment opportunities in the construction industry.
Boasting more UK-first new product launches than any other show, visitors to UK Construction Week can expect to see over 10,000 innovative product launches, while networking and participating in learning events. Here are some of the reasons to attend, and what to expect over the next few days.
- Post-Grenfell: The latest advice. Over 100 free CPD workshops will cover everything from safety legislation and product safety guidance to fire prevention strategies.
- A stellar speaker line-up. UKCW 2017 boasts an impressive line-up of speakers, including George Clarke, Tom Dyckhoff and Steph McGovern.
- Emerging trendsetters. Head to The Material Lab Hub to discover the rising stars and cutting-edge brands shaping the world of surfaces.
- Offsite. UKCW will contain hundreds of offsite innovations, with more exhibitors in this field than any other event.
- If you are looking to further your career or for a job change, UK Construction Week is a must attend event. Find out about career opportunities and roles with leading UK construction firms at the event where the whole industry gathers. Meet recruiters, recruitment agencies, gain invaluable career advice and take up free CPD accredited education
- UKCW recognises the brilliant work the industry is doing and wants to reward it. This year will see a number of new, specialist awards. These include: Construction Enquirer Awards, Low Carbon Vehicles Awards, BIM Awards, Offsite Awards and WAN Awards.
- And finally, it’s not all just work. Why not take the chance to show off at the Dodgeball tournament, relax at the Beer and Ale festival or place your cards at the Casino night alongside key industry professionals?
Consisting of Build Show, sponsored by EasyTrim, Timber Expo, sponsored by Steico, Civils Expo, sponsored by Finning CAT, Plant & Machinery Live, sponsored by AutoTrader Plant, Energy 2017, sponsored by G2 Energy, Smart Buildings 2017, sponsored by KNX, Surface & Materials Show, sponsored by BLFA, HVAC 2017, sponsored by Flakt Group, and Grand Designs Live, UK Construction Week caters for the entire spectrum of the industry from builders, architects, innovators and consultants, each show provides exhibitors with the opportunity to network alongside decision makers and purchasers while showcasing their services and products to thousands of visitors.
For additional information on the full programme of events, please visit www.ukconstructionweek.com