1. North East
- Regionally, the North East has the smallest percentage of construction companies (15%).
- Just 6% of the region are employed in this sector – which is 2% lower than the national average.
- But despite the North East’s construction industry being much smaller than other regions, it shares 12% of the area’s turnover across all industries.
- From a wider outlook, it also contributes 3% to the British construction turnover – showing the area it has plenty of room to grow, too.
- Construction only accounts for 16% of the area’s turnover across all industries – which is 2% lower than the UK average.
- More construction workers are also needed to address Scotland’s housing shortage, which means there is little competition.
- Official figures from the Scottish government show that the economy grew by 1.3% in 2018, which proves that there is profit potential.
Interested in the full findings? https://www.workweargiant.co.uk/blog/best-region-to-start-a-business-in-each-industry/